Thursday, April 8, 2010

Worst injury I have ever had

The worst injury that I have ever had was when I broke my arm. I broke my arm when I was coming back from lunch and going to English class with my coat on. I walked in and went to my desk and put my hand on my desk and then my backpack fell of my shoulder and onto my arm. My arm was braced against my desk and had nowhere to go so it snapped from the force of the backpack. So I took the backpack off of my arm and it was mishapped so I went to the teacher and asked if I could go to the nurse's office and I showed her my arm. She freaked out and told me to follow her so I did. We ran down the stairs to the nurse's office. when we got there A person at the office called my parents and told them that I had broken my arm. My family has never had a broken arm so they didn't know where to go so the person at the office told them a few places. We went to one of the places but they were just an information place. So we went to an emergency care place. There were some people in front of us in the line. They then stepped out of the way and let us move to the front. Then we went to a room where they take care of broken arms. They gave me some medicine to help with the pain and it also made me tired. I almost fell asleep when the Doctor came in to reset my arm. When someone resets your arm it hurts more than breaking it. After that I got a splint so that if my arm swells I wont be in plain. After a few weeks I got a cast. Then I got it off in about a month and half.

1 comment:

Mr. Purple said...

I remember when that happened